How Bbmp Property Tax Online Payment Can Ease Your PainAadil Saif 07 December 2020
Online Payment of Property Tax BBMP can save you from the trouble of going to the Municipal Corporation and standing in long queues for the payment of tax. With everything happening at the click of the mouse or the swipe of your index finger, the work of the Municipal Corporations too has gone online and brought much relief to the taxpayers. Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) collects the property tax in Bangalore and with the online system in place; things have become effortless for the taxpayers.
What should you know before online property tax payment BBMP?
BBMP is divided into 6 zones by the Department of Stamps ad Registration and depending on the location of the property, the tax rates will differ. Property tax has to be paid annually and in Bangalore, the unit area value system is used to calculate the property tax. Unit area value system is based on the returns expected from the property which is dependent on factors like locality, nature of use, year of construction, etc. Property tax value is arrived at by multiplying the area of the property by per sq ft tax rate per month (this is fixed on the locality) with current property value. However, you should be well acquainted with the following details regarding your property:
- The built-up area of the property
- Total number of floors and the built-up area of each floor
- Zonal classification
- The annual value of the property
How to pay BBMP property tax online?
You have to pay the property tax annually and the tax period starts from April and ends in March. In case you pay the property tax in one installment within the designated period, then a 5% rebate on the total amount is given by BBMP. In case there is any default, then the interest of 2% per month or 24% per annum is charged. You can pay the tax in two installments as well without attracting any interest and rebate. The procedure to pay BBMP property tax online is:
- Logon to http://bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in which is the official online portal of BBMP.
- Type SAS application number or property identification number and click the fetch button so that all the details corresponding to your unique ID get displayed. In case you are not sure about the application number then click on Renewal Application Number.
- If you find that the information displayed is correct, then click on the Confirm tab.
- After this, you will be directed to fill Form IV. Here if any changes are to be made regarding the occupancy, built-up area, or property usage and then you can make the amendments and click on the Proceed button. You will then see Form 5 on your screen.
- At this step, cross-verify all the details and you can then proceed to make the online payment.
- Once you select the payment tab, you will have to choose from the different payment options which are internet banking or debit/credit card.
- Once the payment is done, a receipt number will be generated and you will be able to take the print out of the same in the next 24 hours.
- In case you face any difficulty in online payment of property tax BBMP, then you can submit your complaint at email@example.com or call 08022660000/080 22975555
Payment of property tax is your duty and with online property tax payment BBMP, the whole procedure has become simple and hassle-free.