Bhulekh Odisha: Online Land Records Portal of StateAadil Saif 22 February 2021
Coming from the word Bhulekh which means every detailed piece of information, Bhulekh Odisha is the online portal designed by the Government of Odisha and launched by the Board of Revenue Department Odisha for the convenience of the citizens of the state by allowing them to view their land records online. Getting information via Bhulekh Odisha has brought lots of convenience to the residents as they can easily access details regarding the land, owner of the property, plot number, land papers or naksha, value of the property etc.
When was Bhulekh Odisha launched?
Digitization has led to a complete makeover in the way the land records were maintained in Odisha. Until 2008, all the information related to land was maintained manually. However, in 2008, the Government of Odisha with National Land Records Modernization Program started its transition from manual to digital maintenance of records. Today, you will find every detail of information related to the land on the State's online portal. Bhulekh Odisha has brought transparency to the system and offers the following services:
- Access to Maps
- Displays State Statistics
- Access to Record of Rights(ROR)
- Furnishes tehsil information
- Access to the current rates of property, survey documents, transaction lists and receipts of property tax
What are the benefits of Bhulekh Odisha?
- The turnaround time to access the records has reduced.
- Chances of errors have been minimized.
- The system of furnishing land record details has become transparent.
- Fraudulent practices can be checked by cross verifying the data on Bhulekh Odisha, and the chances of illegal sale and purchase have been minimized.
- Visits to particular departments for getting information have reduced considerably. Sit at home and view the information you want.
What are the key statistics related to Bhulekh Odisha?
Bhulekh Odisha is a milestone achievement by the Government of Odisha in transferring the benefits of digitization to every citizen of the state by giving him/her free access to the information related to the property he/she owns or is willing to own. Some important statistics of Bhulekh Odisha are:
- 30 districts and 317 tehsils have been covered by the portal
- 2410 RI circles are under the portal
- There are 51,701 villages which have been mapped under the portal
- 16690280 Khaityans and 56672393 plots are mentioned in the portal
- Details of 35212834 tenants are uploaded on the portal
How can you check land records online on Bhulekh Odisha?
To check the land records on Bhulekh Odisha, keep the following steps in mind:
- Visit the official website which is http://bhulekh.ori.nic.in/RoRView.aspx
- Choose the following details from “Select Location for RoR section”:
- Complete the verification process of the land by furnishing the following details:
- A drop-down menu will appear and you have to provide the accurate value in tandem with the option you have selected.
- By clicking on ROR Back Page, you will get access to the land information.
To download the land records, first access the information and then follow the below mentioned steps:
- Click on “ROR Back Page and Front Page”
- Land record page will be displayed
- Click on “Print” and save the file.
How to check Bhunakhsa Odisha (Land Maps)?
- Visit http://bhunakshaodisha.nic.in/ or visit the official website and click on “Map View”.
- You will be directed to the page of Bhunaksha Odisha.
- From the menu, select the district.
- Once you click on submit, a screen showing the map of the area will appear.
How to check Tahasil information on Bhulekh Odisha?
- Click on “Tahasil Info” on the official website of Bhulekh Odisha.
- You will be directed to “Tahasil Web Information” page.
- Select District and enter Tahasil.
- Click on “Go” and you will land on the desired page of the selected tahasil.
How can you apply for Odisha ROR (Record of Rights)?
Record of Rights contains all the important information regarding land ownership, name, history etc. These records are supervised by the Government of Odisha under the Revenue and Disaster Management Division.
Record of Rights is important for the following reasons:
- Helps in bypassing litigation and land issues in the future.
- It is the certification of the real landowner.
- In case any false claims have been made then the same can be detected.
- Helps in checking the details of ancestral land ownership.
- Land grabbing by using extract/certified copy of ROR can be avoided.
- ROR is required during land mutation or sale transactions.
- ROR is considered as a valid proof of ownership in case of civil litigations.
- Information regarding the agricultural component of the land along with the other vital information is provided in ROR.
To apply for ROR you need to submit the following documents:
- Identity proof: Voter card/ration card
- Address proof: Aadhar card
- Property ownership proof
- Encumbrance certificate
- Income certificate
- Land tax
The fee for application of ROR is:
- Government fees & user cost: Rs 30/
- Printing charges: Rs 10/
- Operator service charges for kiosk: Rs 8/
- Charges for scanning: Rs5
- Certificate output charges: Rs 10/
- DeGS charges: Rs 2/
To apply for ROR you should keep the following steps in mind:
- You will have to visit The District Revenue Officer of your district to apply for ROR.
- Fill the application form by attaching the necessary documents with it and submit it.
- You will get an acknowledgement receipt once you submit the file.
- Your file will be queued up for processing.
- Once the details have been verified, the ROR certificate will be issued to you within 30 days of the application of the file.
You can access Bhulekh Odisha portal in English or Oriya and for any issues related to Bhulekh Odisha, you must contact the Director, Land Records and Survey, Board of Revenue or the concerned Tehsildar.