Property Ownership - Types of Property Ownership Online, How to Check in IndiaAadil Saif 27 January 2021
Checking property ownership online in India is no longer a tedious task because the revolution in digitization has made every owner have clear and quick access to the property ownership details. With a click of the mouse, you can get the complete history of the parties involved in the transaction and this has minimized the fraudulent practices which were prevailing in the system. Checking property ownership online in India has brought transparency in the system and the State and Central Government now find it easy to obtain the data related to a particular property within no time.
What are the Different Types of Property Ownership in India?
Property ownership in India is dependent on the number of people who own a property and thus the classification is as follows:
When the property is brought in the name of one individual, he/she has the right on that property.
In case the property is registered in the name of more than one individual, it comes under the category of co-ownership/joint ownership. It includes:
- Joint Tenancy: In this case, the title deed of the property gives an equal share to every joint holder of the property.
- Tenancy in Entirety: It is a joint tenancy between married people.
- Tenancy in Common: In case two or more people jointly hold the property but not with equal rights, then it is called tenancy in common.
- Coparcener: Every coparcener has a birthright on the property.
Property Ownership by Nomination:
It is commonly seen in cooperative housing societies and under the nomination process; property owner gives someone else the right on the property in the event of the death of the owner.
How to Check Property Ownership Online in India?
To check the property ownership online in India, you need to go to the Land Records Portal of the state where the property is located. In case you want to check the status of a property in Bangalore, then you will have to visit the official website of the Government of Karnataka and the link for the same is http://landrecords.karnataka.gov.in/service84/. After this, click on the Citizen’s Services and after punching the necessary details you will get all the information required.
(This is the general process which has to be followed to check the online property status in almost every state in India)
National Land Record Modernization Program of the Government (NLRMP) has been launched by the Government to clear any sort of confusion related to checking the property ownership online in India. NLRMP aims at digitization of Record of Rights (RoR). To ensure transparency and ease in providing information the states throughout the country now maintain their records digitally.
To make things clear for you, let us take an example of the State of Maharashtra.
- If you want to check the ownership status of the property in Maharashtra you will have to visit www.mahabhulekh.maharashtra.gov.in.
- Choose the district and then you will be directed to the page from where you will have to select the name of the Village and Tehsil.
- By entering the survey number, you can search for 7/12(Satbara) land records.
- By clicking on search, you will see 7/12 records and you can get it printed for your reference.
- By registering on the site and feeding the details like village name, district, year and survey number/CTS number/Milkat number/plot number, you will get all the details.
Let us take another example of the state of Gujarat
- Visit the official website and the link for the same is http://anyror.gujarat.gov.in.
- Click on View Land Record.
- You will be directed to the desired webpage to view 7/12 records.
- Punch the details like taluk, district, survey number and village.
- After writing the captcha code click on Get Details.
- You will get to see the land records, which can be printed for future reference.
- At E-Dhara Kendra, you will find certified copies of the property owner and you can request for print out of RoR along with the survey number.
What is the Search Criterion for the Property?
You have two options to check the status of property ownership online in India. It is either property wise or year wise.
- Property wise: By providing details like sub registrar’s office, district, index2, search type, property type, and survey number, you can get all the information you want. You need to enter your mobile number, name, and e-mail address before you click on “Send Verification Code.” You will get the OTP, and by feeding it on the webpage, you will get access to the details.
- Year wise: In case you have access to Dastavej or document number and year of registration, then you can use this option. Information like district, sub registrar’s office, registration year, and document number has to be filled in. Then you will punch in your mobile number or e-mail address and you will get a verification code on it. Once you fill the code, you will be able to view the property ownership details.
Getting quick and easy access is just a click away. Be informed lest you should fall prey to any wrong information.