Understand Pay Property Tax Online Bangalore Before You Regret.Aadil Saif 10 December 2020
Online Payment of Property Tax Bangalore has brought much ease and convenience to the taxpayers because instead of going in person to the municipal office, the taxpayers can now logon to the official website of Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike which is www.bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in, and successfully make the payment. Property Tax Payment in Bangalore is a mode of revenue for the municipal authorities who use the sum so collected for maintaining the basic amenities and improvising the infrastructure in the city.
How to Pay Property Tax in Bangalore?
You can make the payment of property tax in Bangalore in two ways. One is the offline mode in which the taxpayer has to fill the forms and submit these with the cheque or demand draft at the municipal office. The second method for property tax payment in Bangalore is via online mode which is done by filling the form online and making the fund transfer through internet banking or debit/credit card.
What are the things to be kept in mind before paying property tax in Bangalore?
In Bangalore, the property tax is calculated on the unit area value system. The taxpayer needs to have comprehensive knowledge of the following details before making the payment of property tax:
- The annual value of the property
- Classification (whether residential or commercial)
- Dimension and the built-up area of the property
- Number of floors which includes the basement
- Zonal classification
- The built-up area of each floor
How to Calculate Property Tax in Bangalore?
Online property tax calculator by Bangalore civic body has eased the process of calculation of property tax in Bangalore. For this, the taxpayer needs to:
- Log on to BBMP property tax calculator
- Carefully fill in the details like Assessment Year, year of construction, zone, usage, built-up area, etc.
- Upon filling in the details, click on the submit button and the amount of property tax for the current financial year will be displayed.
- Once this amount has been arrived at, the taxpayer can either use offline or online mode for property tax payment in Bangalore. In offline mode, the filled up form can be submitted at Bangalore 1 center, ARO offices, and banks like Canara Bank, Corporation Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, IDBI Bank, HDFC Bank, IndusInd Bank, and ING Vyasa Bank.
- Apart from the manual method of property tax payment in Bangalore, online property tax payment is convenient and hassle-free.
How to Pay Property Tax Online in Bangalore?
- Logon to the official website-https://propertytax.bdabangalore.org.
- Enter the ten-digit property ID, name, and site ID. You will get these details from the previous tax receipts. Once you have entered these details, click on the Submit button.
- After this, enter the current mobile number and e-mail ID. Tick the checkbox of terms and conditions and click on the Submit button.
- You will receive a One Time Password on your registered mobile number and you need to punch it at this step.
- Once you do this, you will receive the details of your property and the amount of property tax outstanding against it.
- Select the amount and choose from the list of payment options available. (Net banking, debit/credit card)
- Once the payment is successful, you will receive the receipt which you need to save for future reference.
- In case you face any difficulty in processing the payment, then you can email your complaint at firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Payment of Property Tax Bangalore has made the task of tax payment effortless and simple. As a responsible citizen, you shouldn’t ignore this duty and make the payment via the online method to avoid any unnecessary last-minute rush.