Your Guide to GHMC Property Tax Name Change OnlineAadil Saif 13 January 2021
GHMC Property Tax Name Change Online Guide
GHMC Property Tax Name Change Online is a simple process that has helped the residents of Hyderabad in more than one way. Property tax has to be paid by the owners on the property they own. This amount collected by the municipal authorities is used for the maintenance and upkeep of the city. From providing civic amenities to maintaining the infrastructure like roads, public parks, etc. the amount so deposited by the taxpayers is utilized to beautify the city and keep it clean and green. The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) calculates and collects the property tax from the people owning property in Hyderabad.
How Does GHMC Calculate the Value of Property Tax?
The amount of tax depends on various factors like location, size, occupancy type, gender (female owners attract less tax), age (senior citizens are not taxed heavily), etc.
The formula for calculating residential GHMC property tax is:
Plinth area (monthly rent per sq. ft*12)*slab rate -10% depreciation +8% library cess
Plinth area is the total built-up area and the slab rate is calculated by monthly rental value (This value for self-occupied properties is determined by considering the rental value of similar properties in the same locality and for let-out properties, this value is determined based on rental agreement)
The formula for calculating commercial GHMC property tax is:
3.5*Plinth area in sq ft*Monthly rental value in Rs per sq. ft.
What is the process for self-assessment of property?
The self-assessment scheme of a new property is initiated by filling the application form and submitting the documents like occupancy certificate, sale deed, etc. to the Deputy Commissioner. Unique Property Tax Identification Number (PTIN) is generated once the authorities physically verify and inspect the property. To initiate the process for self-assessment, the following steps have to be followed:
- Click on the self-assessment form by logging on to the official website of GHMC.
- Feed your mobile number and you will receive an OTP on this registered number
- Fill the application form
- Upload PDF copied of occupancy certificate and sale deed
- Save the information
- The concerned authorities will start their work upon receiving the application and after this, PTIN will be generated
How to pay GHMC property tax online?
The steps for online payment of GHMC property tax are:
- Logon to the official website of GHMC
- Punch in PTIN and click on “Know Your Property Dues”
- Cross-check the details like the value of property tax, arrears, adjustments, interest etc.
- Select the payment option (net banking or debit/credit card)
- You will be directed to the payment gateway. Enter the details and once the payment is successful, a receipt will be generated
How to Get GHMC Property Tax name Change Done Online?
To get the name changed in the property, the legal heir has to submit the following:
- Latest receipt of the tax paid
- Attested Copy of the sale transaction deed
- Copy of death certificate/legal heir certificate/succession certificate
- NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the respective housing society
- Filled application form with signatures
- Mutation fee @0.1% of market value
Paying property tax online has brought much convenience and timely payment can avoid you from paying penalties.