Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana - Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana - Gramin List 2022, Apply Online & EligibilityArun Kumar 26 August 2022
Application, Schedule of Recipients, and Updates on the Pradhan Mantri Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana
You may now see the updated Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Sikkim online at the Ministry of Rural Development's website. This country's federal and state governments have several programmes in place to assist residents in securing homes. Help with money is dispersed via these programmes.
The state of Sikkim has only just created a programme called the Sikkim Urban Garib Awas Yojana, which aims to help those in need of a place to live by providing them with the resources they need to do so. In this essay, we will discuss every facet of the strategy. We are reading this post will inform you how to apply for the Sikkim Garib Awas Scheme. Also included are updates on the number of people who would benefit from the Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana in fiscal years 2022 and 2023.
In regards to the Pradhan Mantri Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana 2022-23
The State Government of Sikkim has introduced the Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana; houses made of pakka will be given to the recipients of this programme. A government agency is responsible for funding the entire programme. The plan will provide decent housing for families living on the streets in metropolitan areas.
The Sikkim government's Urban Development Department will carry out this plan. Beginning in 2021 and continuing through 2025, this Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Sikkim plan will roll out in its initial iteration. In the first stage, we will give accessible dwellings to everyone who qualifies. The plan's ultimate goal is to rid Sikkim of its kutcha home problem. Housing for the urban poor will be made available through the construction of individual homes on subsidised plots of land. This plan will extend to all census-designated cities in the 2011 United States population count.
The Beginning of the Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana
- Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana was unveiled by Sikkim's Chief Minister, Shri Prem Singh Tamang.
- On October 8, 2022, Manan Kendra was the site of the official start of this programme.
- The government of Sikkim's Division of Rural Development planned and executed the event.
- One person in every 32 electoral districts received a home under the programme at the event.
In addition to the 32 recipients already known, one of them received a cheque for Rs 20,000 as the first instalment for a home improvement project.
- Allotment orders for GCI sheets were also distributed to one recipient per section.
- Under the programme, participants will be given a house complete with a living room, two bedrooms, kitchen, toilet, furnishings, and a television.
- The house will be an RCC building with a single storey.
- This person will receive a residence that will significantly enhance their standard of living.
- Under the programme, one hundred people from each district will get aid.
- It is projected that the government would spend Rs 1751000 on each home they construct.
- Rs 50,000 for home improvements for 400 deserving individuals in each constituency would be allocated.
- The first payment will be Rs 20,000, and the rest payment will be made in two instalments.
- Further, 100 people in each of the state's 32 legislative districts will receive 30 GCI sheets, courtesy of the state government.
It is Pradhan Mantri Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana's intention
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana goal is to furnish all eligible recipients with permanent, habitable housing. As part of the plan, the government provides low-income people with homes to boost their living conditions. However, the execution of the Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana would also help the local population become self-sufficient. The state's residents' standard of living will increase thanks to this plan, and the impoverished will see a marked improvement in their living conditions. Government funding will be available for home improvements under this programme.
Specific Features and Advantages of the Pradhan Mantri Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana
- The State Government of Sikkim has introduced the Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana,
- Houses made of pakka will be given to the recipients of this programme.
- A government agency is responsible for funding the entire programme.
- The Sikkim government's Urban Development Department will carry out this plan.
- Beginning in 2021 and continuing through 2025, this plan will roll out in its initial phase.
- In the first stage, we will give accessible dwellings to everyone who qualifies.
The plan's ultimate goal is to rid Sikkim of its kutcha home problem.
Housing for the urban poor will be made available through the construction of individual homes on subsidised plots of land. This plan will extend to all census-designated cities in the 2011 United States population count.
2000 Homes Finished Within The Program's Timeline
On May 21, 2022, keys were delivered to about eight recently built residences in the badang kamarey neighbourhood. The GPU, as mentioned above, has taken possession of 16 Sikkim Garib awas homes, 13 of which are complete and 8 of which have had their keys handed over to their new owners.
The government is committed to completing the project as soon as possible after initially planning to have 3050 homes built by March 31, 2022, but experiencing delays due to geographical barriers. A total of 32 areas have seen the distribution of around 100 homes thus far. Over two thousand homes under the Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana programme have been built.
To whom the Pradhan Mantri Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana applies
Based on the results of the 2011 census, this plan will apply to all of these municipalities. The name of the mother of the household or the names of the husband and wife must appear on the deed of the home that is being built or bought under this plan. In the absence of a suitable female adult in the household, the male member of the household may own the property.
- Title or ownership records must accurately reflect the legal name of the female household head.
- A Preferred Recipient Is Chosen After Being Approved
- The government will form a state-level committee for approval and oversight.
- A municipal screening committee will suggest a beneficiary list, and this committee will approve that list.
- State-level monitoring and approval committee terms of reference will be included in the notification.
During the selection of beneficiaries, the member secretary may choose any of their office's officers as necessary. The UDD's special and joint secretary will sign off on the final beneficiary list. The government will establish a district-level monitoring committee to oversee the scheme's implementation and make sure it's working as intended for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Sikkim Implementation. The sectors through which the Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana will be implemented are as follows:-
DIY Home Building
- The government will build a weatherproof home for the recipient, using the winning bidder through an open bidding procedure.
- All liens and claims on the beneficiary's private land within the city proper must be removed.
- The beneficiary's name should appear on the land's title deed as the land's principal or subsidiary holder.
- Buildings must adhere to authorised home plans and local building codes.
- Beneficiaries will be given the house's blueprints.
- The recipient may not sublet or sell the property.
- The only heir to whom the residence can be legally transferred is one of the legal heirs.
- An incremental housing measure house's structural design and government approval are required for any vertical or horizontal addition.